Online Copy Writer and Blogger (SEO) - Cymax Stores (cymax.com) - Vancouver (BC) Canada
|Company:||Cymax Stores (cymaxstores.com)|
|Contact Name:||Jonathan Becker|
|Job Location:||Vancouver (BC) Canada|
Staff Writer: Online Copy Writer and Blogger (SEO)
Cymax Stores Inc. is one of the Top 200 ecommerce retailers worldwide and was recently nominated by the Internet Retailer as one of the Hot 100 2010 Best Retail Websites. Simply put—we sell furniture, with 120 niche web stores and over 250,000 products for home and office furniture and décor.
Cymax Stores is located in Vancouver, B.C. and sells to customers all over North America. Our growth since our launch in 2004 has been exponential and our culture at Cymax is unique: every person plays a critical role. We are looking for a Staff Writer/Blogger to join our team.
* You will oversee all aspects all assigned blogs, including conceiving article ideas, researching and writing blog posts.
* Develop blog articles, including interviewing subject-matter aspects, sourcing images, taking relevant original photos and video and coordinating with guest bloggers.
* Remain up to date on all assigned blog categories (e.g. “baby”) and related products and topics, both as it relates to internal company strategies, as well as external trends and topics, and develop appropriate content.
* Ensure all blog posts are formatted, categorized and tagged appropriately in Wordpress and utilize relevant target keywords for SEO purposes.
* Maintain all blog-related social media activities (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) with the goal of forging relationships, audience development, raising brand awareness and ultimately driving sales.
* Write copy for assigned weekly email newsletters and proofread before final newsletter delivery.
* Various copywriting, copyediting, proofreading and fact-checking tasks for both print and online, as assigned. Ensure all coy is free of grammar, spelling, and consistency errors.
* Develop non-blog online content for company websites and/or reference purposes, including how-to, reference and technical articles.
* Brainstorm on viral social media trends and be vocal in suggesting improvements to Cymax’s own social media initiatives.
* Work with the SEO team toward achieving benchmarks and targets.
* Rewrite product descriptions and page content as necessary.
* Create informative site buying guides.
* Complete assigned content development projects within a timely manner.
* Brainstorm new types of site content that is beneficial to readers.
* At least 1 year of copywriting and blogging experience in either a professional setting, school or on your own website
* Social media fanatic. Previous experience using social media for business and marketing purposes a definite asset
* Post-secondary degree in English, Journalism or Communications, or equivalent certificate, diploma or writing experience
* Familiarity with search engine optimization as it relates to content development
* Excellent writing, spelling and grammar, including strong command of English language (both in Canadian and US style), with understanding of advertising and marketing language.
* Experience in Wordpress, MS Office, Twitter, Hootsuite, and Facebook is a plus
* Basic knowledge of: HTML
* Analytical thinker. Solutions driven. Problem solver.
* Quick learner. Self-motivated and able to multi-task on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
* Works well under pressure and deadlines
* Professional demeanor