Digital Marketing Specialist - Vancouver (BC) Canada
|Job Location:||Vancouver (BC) Canada|
Note from Alex: This job description could have been written: we are looking for 5 different people but are only willing to pay one salary, which is why this job description is so long. If anyone applies on this, please let me know. I would love to know how much they are willing to pay that superstar.
AT NEI, we create and bring to market unique investment solutions with different styles and objectives, united by a common belief that good investments, managed properly and with passion, can make a difference in people’s lives. We take our responsibility of managing money for our investors very seriously, and we know that our people make the difference. This people-driven philosophy extends from our strength in ownership by the membership-owned Canadian credit union system and Desjardins, through to how we manage investments by hiring best-in-class portfolio managers. We also have Canada’s largest and most experienced team of sustainability experts.
We focus on delivering exceptional performance, providing service excellence and accountability to all our stakeholders, and on living our values in everything we do.
We value our employees, and strive to keep them motivated, challenged and engaged in their work. We also believe very strongly in work-life balance as we want our team to be passionate both on and off the job.
* Performance incentive beyond base pay
* Superior medical benefits, 100% premiums covered
* Health and Wellness program
* Financially successful and stable, industry leader
* 6% company RSP contribution, no waiting period
* Employee Assistance Program
* Vacation and care days
Join an empowered team focused on being the best and brightest. Bring investing to life at Northwest & Ethical Investments.
Our continued growth and development has created the need for an Digital Marketing Specialist in Vancouver.
Digital Marketing Specialist is largely responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive content management and innovative online marketing program for Northwest & Ethical Investments L.P. (NEI).
This position is also responsible for driving the development of digital and media marketing initiatives and developing an online prospect and retention experience that increases user engagement and conversion. This will be accomplished by leveraging information architecture, content, web analytics and new web technologies.
Project Planning and Management
* Plan, develop and deliver integrated digital and media marketing strategies and plans for NEIs product lines.
* Implementing the online marketing strategy and plans for each channel targeted at all and collaborate with relevant teams to manage project sponsor expectations and scope, to ensure quality, progress and successful implementation of project objectives.
* Defining the architecture, designing and creating page layouts, site maintenance works with developers to creating email templates, landing pages, lead capture and forms.
* Plan, develop and deliver integrated digital marketing, online sales support and communications programs and media initiatives to objectives, timelines, and budgets.
* Assist with the implementation of a CMS website platform within the company.
* Assist with the migration of the company’s existing static HTML website content onto the CMS platform.
* Build and ensure that the architecture of the new CMS website supports marketing and sales lead generation
Content / Operational Management
* Manage the websites and related web assets
* Management of task delegation to the technical resource
* Oversee the CMS including end-user enhancements, testing, training, site audits, as well as web content ownership relationship. Regularly update and maintain CMS site to mirror email campaigns, marketing efforts, PPC Advertising, SEO efforts and special events/promotions.
* Responsible for managing the day-to-day user acceptance testing for web content.
* Development of online marketing collateral and oversee the user interface design and how it relates to the user experience.
* Ensure all deliverables meet objectives, project metrics, brand language and graphic standards, quality standards, legal and compliance requirements, and ensure effective application of sales support and communications best practices.
* Create and maintain a consistent website architectural structure.
* Program HTML pages and upload them onto the site.
* Find, diagnose, and fix website problems, including broken links (both internal and external), formatting inconsistencies and construct errors.
* Modify layout/design of the website graphic elements as needed.
Email and SEO Traffic and Usage
* Producing email campaigns within our automated email marketing system
* Develop forms, landing pages, graphics, and email templates for use in email marketing campaigns.
* Setup, test and deliver email campaigns by required deadlines
QA and test emails (html and text versions) for compatibility with multiple email clients and web browsers; ensure all links, images, and subject lines are correct.
* Perform subject line, messaging, template and landing page A/B tests to optimize performance.
* Keep abreast of email marketing formats and best practices and trends to avoid spam filters ensure optimum delivery ratios.
Research and Analytics/Metrics
* Website and email analytics. Monitor, analyze, and report on website and email marketing activity and impacts on website traffic and performance.
* Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing setup and maintenance.
* Set-up and perform weekly, monthly, quarterly reports.
* Keep abreast of website analytics software such as google analytics and best practices.
Customer Service & Relationship Management
* Maintain strong relationships with vendors, suppliers, key internal stakeholder departments that feed into all marketing programs.
* Manage and deliver on corporate strategies through effective project resource allocation and administration
Experience & Qualifications Required:
* Experience in applying SharePoint capabilities in resolving day to day business problems. You have a broad understanding of the best practices to follow when implementing SharePoint solutions.
* Minimum 2-3 years experience in progressively advanced content management system, SEO optimization, site development, email marketing, digital media best practices required.
* Experience working with external and internal partners and providers preferred.
* Understanding of the investment industry an asset.
* Strong technical proficiency in SharePoint or other CMS.
* Working knowledge of Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash
* Strong understanding of effective website development, and online marketing.
* Experience developing and implementing digital content strategies and programs to support organizational goals.
* Comprehensive experience with all aspects of website content management.
* Experience in project management skills, and be able to manage multiple priorities and the needs of internal clients/stakeholders.
* Strong organizational, creative problem solving, facilitation and change management skills required.
* Experience managing or working with multiple language( i.e. French)sites an asset.
* University degree and/or college diploma in the field of Technology, Business, Marketing or Communications.
* Specific formal education & qualification in: Content Management System, Internet Marketing, Digital/New Media Marketing and development or a related field.