|Company:||Imagine 1 Day Charity (imagine1day.org)|
|Contact Name:||Michelle Lazar,|
|Job Location:||Vancouver (BC) Canada|
imagine1day is a charity committed to the next generation of Ethiopian leaders by ensuring that all Ethiopians have access to quality education funded free of foreign aid by 2030. Our primary fundraising model is CREATRIBUTION(tm), which is a concept we created to allow individuals to use their unique passions and talents to garner contributions towards this important goal. We are a small team of dynamic, entrepreneurial spirits who are committed to doing big things and having fun at every turn.
We’re seeking an ambitious and experienced individual to join our team as imagine1day’s Digital Engagement Leader.
You are a passionate leader in the world of digital communications, and you’re completely obsessed with social. You consider your social presence to be part of your identity. You have a deep understanding of, and a wealth of proven experience with, emerging online trends and culture. Your big ideas and strategic thinking will cause imagine1day to take huge strides in digital engagement. You are craving an innovative, groundbreaking environment where you’ll be working alongside partners in leadership, possibility, and, above all else, FUN! As an integral part of imagine1day’s communications team, your contribution will elevate imagine1day’s brand and digital engagement to world class status. You are aligned with and inspired by imagine1day’s vision of a world where all people are connected to their greatness.
* You’ll be our in-house mastermind on social media trends, both regionally and globally, for existing and emerging platforms. You possess deep understanding of the digital space and you’re attuned to how other leading charities and brands are using social media in innovative ways.
* You’ll lead communications in social media, and across digital channels (including mobile).
* You’ll actively contribute in a powerful way to spreading CREATRIBUTION(tm) globally, through highly effective digital strategies and executions.
* You’ll craft original and compelling digital campaigns and content that works across multiple applications (web, social, mobile). You will be an active player in furthering imagine1day’s plans to shift the model of charitable contribution.
* Your digital communications will drive revenue and brand engagement.
* You’ll help us elevate our digital engagement, such that our communities are inspired and delighted by every interaction.
* You’ll develop social channel style sheets that guide our social content and interactions.
* Understanding that you can’t do it alone, you will build out, manage, and inspire a volunteer support team in order to achieve your goals.
* You’ll manage website updates, and make recommendations for upgrades to our platform and the digital user experience.
* You’ll contribute to the design and implementation of compelling and informative project updates for donors and investors.
* You’ll actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability.
* You’ll represent imagine1day at various community events (including CREATRIBUTION(tm) events).
* You’ll ensure that all work is consistent with imagine1day brand standards and our awesome culture.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* You have substantial and proven experience in social media, marketing, and digital communications (4-5 years +).
* You’ve put your post-secondary time in; you have a degree in business, marketing, communications, or another related field.
* You have successfully launched social media and mobile platforms / campaigns into the world, and you’re ready to prove out your experience.
* You have deep knowledge of social media strategies, technologies, platforms, services, and metrics. You’re completely at home in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, WordPress, and beyond.
* You live for your online communities. You blog, tweet, creep, pin, instagram, share, and know all about viral campaigns, mobile, and social networking.
* You have an appreciation for design and an aptitude for user experience.
* You’re a communication ace. You ask for clarity when needed, you leave nothing unsaid, and you see the power in listening.
* You’re a natural connector - online and offline.
* You have an ability to grasp the beautiful nuances of imagine1day and your innate creativity produces outstanding digital, social, and mobile initiatives.
* You possess outstanding written and spoken communication skills.
(You’re speeling and grammer are impecibal)
* You have experience in web design, with a basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, CSS, etc.
* You possess basic graphic design, photo and video editing skills.
* You have background working within an agency setting (not required, but a plus).
The successful candidate will be part of a small and successful team, and should demonstrate enthusiasm to multi-task and manage administrative tasks, while possessing a strong sense of initiative and excellence. The position requires a high level of professionalism, leadership, teamwork and personal commitment.
|Company:||Reliance Foundry Inc|
|Contact Name:||Brad Done|
|Job Location:||Surrey (BC) Canada|
Webmaster/Web Marketing Specialist
Reliance Foundry is one of the oldest casting suppliers in British Columbia. We have been supplying castings to various industries since 1927.
Our web sites (www.bollards.ca, www.bike-parking.ca) require technical web support using our Netsuite (netsuite.com) content management system (CMS)
Our original web site (www.reliance-foundry.com) is currently hosted and maintained on Squarespace (squarespace.com). This site is going to be overhauled and moved to our Netsuite content management system.
New products and product lines are being readied to add to our existing sites (or future web sites) using our Netsuite platform.
Reliance Foundry is seeking a Webmaster / Web Marketing Specialist to support the existing infrastructure, develop new technologies, and to participate in the development of all virtual marketing initiatives. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about the field of web design, web architecture and marketing communications, and who stay up-to-date on the latest innovations and practices.
Placement: Temporary, full-time (maternity leave replacement) - approx. 5 months
Position to commence: February 27th, 2012 or earlier
All applicants offered an interview will be contacted no later than February 20th, 2012.
The successful applicant for this position will be;
be responsible for the maintenance, upgrade and design of company web pages - including graphics and functionality.
develop web page infrastructure and applications related to pages with more advanced graphics and features.
help manage multimedia inventory; responsible for maintaining, organizing and cataloging digital files
monitor and audit web sites technical performance on routine/scheduled basis
The successful applicant will posses some or all of the following;
up-to-date knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to improve site performance and page rank.
web content management system (WCMS) experience, and/or Netsuite operating platform exposure
proven graphic/image manipulation capability using various software tools - Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
demonstrated video manipulation capability - editing and preparing for web-based uploads
well-versed in Web 2.0 and familiar with social networks as applied to advertising
an ability to interact professionally, collaborate and communicate with a range of team members, both technical and non-technical staff, as well as off site (3rd party) contractors
strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
demonstrated document, layout and web design skills
artistic style, eye for composition, strong sense of timing, and impeccable attention to detail
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications OR Journalism may be given preference
This is an outstanding career opportunity for motivated and performance driven professionals, who are interested in working in a dynamic, growing, niche-market company.
|Company:||University of British Colombia (UBC) (Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia)|
|Contact Name:||Niamh Redmond, Manager, Interactive Marketing|
|Job Location:||Vancouver (BC) Canada|
The Marketing & Communications Department at the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia are seeking a seasoned Online & Social Media Specialist. This position is a 9-month contract position, based at the Vancouver Point Grey campus.
This position reports to the Manager, Interactive Marketing and the Director, Marketing & Communications, and works closely with other staff within Sauder’s marketing and communications department as needed.
Summary of responsibilities:
1. Co-ordinates Sauder’s online and social media presence, and assists in developing online, social media, SEO, brand and communication strategies as needed.
2. Liaises with internal and external content creators i.e. faculty, students, alumni, staff, agency/creative firm, and writers, to write, edit and facilitate production of online marketing and communications materials, while working closely with the marketing team to ensure consistency with the brand identity and graphic standards.
3. Manages production and uploading of web content, ensuring consistency, optimizing content for search, and ensuring appropriate and relevant linkages and synergy between website sections and our social media channels.
4. Responsible for day-to-day execution of online and social media updates. Regularly updates and maintains branded content on social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.) to keep content current/relevant.
5. Maintain accounts across social media platforms by promoting and sharing content, increasing our follower base, engaging our audience, generating dialogue and building relationships.
6. Monitor comments and user-generated content. Escalate issues and provide feedback on community happenings.
7. Participates in the development of social media relations programs, and engages key influencers.
9. Develops metrics and dashboards, and measures ROI for participation in social media sites and for integrating user generated content into branded websites.
10. Responsible for miscellaneous online and digital productions, and other duties/ projects as needed.
11. Video project planning and co-ordination including creating briefs, defining video messaging, basic storyboarding, coordinating shoots and the edit, archiving, publishing and sharing the videos.
12. Responsible for coordinating meetings and briefings to facilitate marketing and communications planning between departments and key stakeholders.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Digital Media, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
* Minimum of 4 years of work experience in a marketing and communications capacity, preferably online experience.
* 2+ years experience in online and social media content development.
* Strong project management skills and a proven track record in coordinating marketing and communications projects with multiple stakeholders.
* Experience working within a complex organizational structure; and understanding of the academic and public sector environment is an asset.
* Experience working with external service providers, such as writers, videographers, ad agencies, designers.
* Demonstrated multi-tasking skills; ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
* Established user in social media websites such as Twitter and Facebook with a demonstrated ability to engage readers. Relevant experience across other social media sites including LinkedIn, blogs, YouTube, Flickr, etc.
* Excellent writing proof-reading and editing skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
* Should be able to demonstrate editorial judgment and writing ability. Ability to quickly craft short, compelling copy in an authentic voice that resonates with our target audience, driving engagement, link sharing and click-through.
* Time management and problem-solving skills; ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
* Good experience with HTML, CMS and blog publishing tools (WordPress), Adobe PhotoShop, and Microsoft Office.
* Experience and working knowledge in web content publishing and multimedia production.
* Solid understanding of visual design aesthetics and graphic standards. Experience working with digital assets.
* Conversant in SEO, SEM, SMO, web analytics, web technologies, community, and the concepts of creative/brand.
* Strong knowledge of social media platforms, especially Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
* Strong knowledge of social media principles, community building and an understanding of how corporate and user generated content works together. Experience using social media to drive business goals a plus.
* Ability to appropriately adjust writing tone for different communities, and to think of new ways to engage them.
* Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze analytics and social media metrics across various platforms.
* Familiarity with one or more listening platforms e.g., TruPulse, Radian6 is a definite asset.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* A high level of enthusiasm and professionalism.
* Knowledge of video production, editing, formats and best practices in video for the web.
* Video project planning and co-ordination skills including creating briefs, defining video messaging, basic storyboarding, coordinating shoots and the edit.
* Basic video and photography skills would be a plus.
|Company:||Smartt Net (Smartt.com)|
|Job Location:||Vancouver (BC) Canada|
SEO/Web Marketing Specialist
Wanted: A search engine professional who lives, breathes, and eats SEO. Someone fully immersed in the SEO community, and at the pinnacle of emerging web-marketing technology. The successful candidate’s pursuit for excellence is paralleled by the need to deliver cold hard results. The SEO Specialist will ideate, develop, and manage online marketing solutions with creativity, organization, and tact.
SmarttNet is a consulting-agency. We create and execute roadmaps for ambitious organizations in North America by turning strategic intent into measurable results, in an era of constant change. We are growing rapidly, have a multitude of development opportunities available, and are looking for someone who wants to help build the processes that will shape this agency for years to come. We have diverse projects on which you can exhibit your talent for transforming client needs into realities.
* Creates, analyzes and optimizes online marketing programs to achieve client marketing goals.
* Increases traffic to websites, improves rankings on search engines, tracks web visitor activities, and runs online marketing campaigns through PPC and SEO for SmarttNet and clients.
* Uses web analytics to demonstrate measurable results.
* Consults and educates clients and team members about the newest web trends.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Minimum of two years of experience in web design and online marketing.
* Bachelors Degree in Arts, or other relevant discipline.
* Google Adwords and Analytics certified is an asset.
* Extensive knowledge of online marketing trends and techniques.
* Ability to perform ROI analysis and identify tactics for constant improvement.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and a sense of urgency.
* HTML design skills using Dreamweaver, decent Photoshop skills and experience with CMS programs like Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal.
* Ability to work well in a team or individually on multiple projects.
* Ability and desire to keep up to date with latest trends and movements in web design and the Internet as a whole.
Compensation: $40,000 - $56,000 per year, depending on experience
|Company:||Cymax Stores (cymaxstores.com)|
|Contact Name:||Jonathan Becker|
|Job Location:||Vancouver (BC) Canada|
Staff Writer: Online Copy Writer and Blogger (SEO)
Cymax Stores Inc. is one of the Top 200 ecommerce retailers worldwide and was recently nominated by the Internet Retailer as one of the Hot 100 2010 Best Retail Websites. Simply put—we sell furniture, with 120 niche web stores and over 250,000 products for home and office furniture and décor.
Cymax Stores is located in Vancouver, B.C. and sells to customers all over North America. Our growth since our launch in 2004 has been exponential and our culture at Cymax is unique: every person plays a critical role. We are looking for a Staff Writer/Blogger to join our team.
* You will oversee all aspects all assigned blogs, including conceiving article ideas, researching and writing blog posts.
* Develop blog articles, including interviewing subject-matter aspects, sourcing images, taking relevant original photos and video and coordinating with guest bloggers.
* Remain up to date on all assigned blog categories (e.g. “baby") and related products and topics, both as it relates to internal company strategies, as well as external trends and topics, and develop appropriate content.
* Ensure all blog posts are formatted, categorized and tagged appropriately in Wordpress and utilize relevant target keywords for SEO purposes.
* Maintain all blog-related social media activities (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) with the goal of forging relationships, audience development, raising brand awareness and ultimately driving sales.
* Write copy for assigned weekly email newsletters and proofread before final newsletter delivery.
* Various copywriting, copyediting, proofreading and fact-checking tasks for both print and online, as assigned. Ensure all coy is free of grammar, spelling, and consistency errors.
* Develop non-blog online content for company websites and/or reference purposes, including how-to, reference and technical articles.
* Brainstorm on viral social media trends and be vocal in suggesting improvements to Cymax’s own social media initiatives.
* Work with the SEO team toward achieving benchmarks and targets.
* Rewrite product descriptions and page content as necessary.
* Create informative site buying guides.
* Complete assigned content development projects within a timely manner.
* Brainstorm new types of site content that is beneficial to readers.
* At least 1 year of copywriting and blogging experience in either a professional setting, school or on your own website
* Social media fanatic. Previous experience using social media for business and marketing purposes a definite asset
* Post-secondary degree in English, Journalism or Communications, or equivalent certificate, diploma or writing experience
* Familiarity with search engine optimization as it relates to content development
* Excellent writing, spelling and grammar, including strong command of English language (both in Canadian and US style), with understanding of advertising and marketing language.
* Experience in Wordpress, MS Office, Twitter, Hootsuite, and Facebook is a plus
* Basic knowledge of: HTML
* Analytical thinker. Solutions driven. Problem solver.
* Quick learner. Self-motivated and able to multi-task on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
* Works well under pressure and deadlines
* Professional demeanor
|Company:||Reliance Foundry (bollards.ca)|
|Contact Name:||Brad Done|
|Job Location:||Surrey (BC) Canada|
Reliance Foundry is one of the oldest casting suppliers in British Columbia. We have been supplying castings, fabrications, forgings and machined components to various North American industries since 1927. Our current product line includes castings, bollards and bike parking products.
We are looking for a brilliant and passionate communicator that will champion our company and our products. This new team member will develop web and print copy for all online properties - acting as part writer, part community coordinator, part online tactician and part website technical expert.
Placement: Permanent, full-time
Position to commence: June 27th, 2011 - July 4th, 2011
Successful candidate will:
* write and edit elements for digital and print collateral including company websites, blogs, microsites, advertisements, social media platforms and advertorials
* collaborate on multi-media content including concept, copy, staging, post production and final output
* engage collateral execution of multi-media promotional material
* manage our web properties, grow our online presence and brand recognition, and help us create fantastic content to attract and engage our partners and customers
* demonstrated command of english with ability to edit for grammar and style
* solid technical writing, authoring, editing and corralling skills that translate through online properties
* ability to make sense of technical details and create copy based on input from subject matter experts
* competencies in internet and web social media, basic graphic & web design, web coding
* experience with content management platforms
* positive attitude, motivated, very organized with outgoing personality
* artistic style, eye for composition, strong sense of timing, and impeccable attention to detail
Overall, this is a great chance to exercise and grow your writing skills while developing larger, co-ordinated online community management strategies. This is an outstanding career opportunity for motivated and performance driven professionals, who are interested in working in a dynamic, growing, niche-market company.
Please submit resumes via e-mail complete with cover letter, remuneration expectations, and portfolio of writing samples to;
Brad Done, Vice President - Sales & Marketing
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
http://www.bollards.ca | http://www.bike-parking.ca | http://www.reliance-foundry.com
|Company:||Save On Lens (1-save-on-lens.com)|
|Job Location:||Richmond (BC) Canada|
Alex: This is embarrassing, but here it goes:
Manage a wide range of projects, including organic optimization, paid search marketing.
● Blog implementation, link-building
● WEB site improvement.
● Excellent presentation, verbal, and writing skills are required
● Attention to detail
● High school and above
● Knowledge and interest in SEO, SEM, blogs, and business analytics
● Understanding of search engine-friendly web design and ability to make critical design and technical recommendation